Saturday, January 10, 2015

Stained Frame Mirror

Stained Frame Mirror
2013 Projects

This project was an idea gotten from Pinterest. I was looking for something to fill the wall on top of my computer desk.

Got those cheap $7-$9 mirrors from Home Depot/Wal-Mart, lumber, and used the same Espresso Stain used for the coffee table.

Cutting the wood to the right 45 degree angle was not easy, as I had only a jigsaw saw and my kitchen island as a working table, and I was looking for perfection. It isn't bad, though!



For this project, I got a staple gun, a great addition to the tool portfolio and one of my dream tools, hopefully to be used later with upholstering.

To keep the mirror in place was an issue - took the original cheap frame off, and decided to glue it using hot glue. The mirror/glass is too thin and bends easily. You can see the distortion in the picture.


Stain and varnishing to give it a final look.

Total cost for the project: ~$15 for wood, plus a DeWalt Staple Gun and staples (~$35).

Later in life I discovered the Pocket Hole method, that could have been used for this project. Could have been easier? Maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment